Organization and MEMBERSHIP
Our forward-looking leadership team is made up of dedicated, focused and experienced individuals making a difference in the community.
Become a member or renew your membership dues by completing the form below.
Want to get involved with Faith Forward Dallas at Thanks-Giving Square? Subscribe to our mailing list or send us an email.
Our Clergy Organization is made up of individual members in these categories:
Faith Leaders: authorized by ordination, commissioned by faith community, or involved in congregational leadership.
Friends: welcome to attend large group meetings and participate on committees.
Faith Leaders: Dues of $90 annually (90 is a multiple of 18, the Jewish meaning for life).
Friends: Donations are welcome, but not mandatory.
Executive Committee: Convener, Convener-Elect/Treasurer, Executive Director, CEO of The Thanks-Giving Foundation.
Leadership Council: Made up of 14 to 15 members who are appointed by the Executive committee, responsible for decision-making as needed.
Committees: Each chair will nominate a Chair-Elect.
- Civic Engagement Committee
Task Forces: Each coordinator will nominate a co-coordinator
- Housing Solutions (Homelessness)
- Equal Justice (Law Enforcement)
- Migrant Status (Refugees and Immigrants)
- Gun Sense (Gun Control and Gun Violence)
- Crisis Management Committee
- Communication Committee
- New Members & Relationship Committee
- Rabbi Andrew Paley – Chair
- Rev Neil Thomas – Chair-Elect
- Almas Muscatwalla – Executive Director
- Kyle Ogden – President & CEO, The Thanks-Giving Foundation
- Almas Muscatwalla – Executive Director
- Rev. Rachel Baughman, Immediate Past Chair
- Rev. George Mason, Past Chair
- Imam Omar Suleiman, Past Chair
- Rabbi Nancy Kasten, Past Chair
- Rev. Michael Waters, Past Chair
- Rev. Amy Moore, Committee Convener, Communication
- Rev. Phil Dieke, Committee Convener, Crisis Management
- Rev. Azhar Subedar, Committee Convener, Membership
- Rev. Karen Fry, Committee Convener, Civic Engagement
- Rev. Andy Stoker, Member-at-large
- President Mark Romney, Member-at-large
- Harbhajan Singh, Member-at-large
- Rabbi Ari Sunshine, Member-at-large
- Rev. Daniel Kanter, Member-at-large
- Fr. Stephen Bierschenk, Member-at-large
- Rev. Stacey Brown, Member-at-large
- The Rev. Christopher Blake Thomas, Member-at-large
- Rev. Eric Folkerth, Member-at-large
- Rev. Karen Fry – Committee Convener, Civic Engagement
- Imam Azhar Subedar – Committee Convener, Membership
- Rev. Amy Moore – Committee Convener, Communication
- Rev. Phil Dieke – Committee Convener, Crisis Management
Civic Engagement Task Forces
Task Force Coordinators
- Rev. Kevin Pranoto – Housing Solutions
- Rev. Kathy Lee-Cornell – Migrant Status
- Rev. Deanna Hollas – Gun Sense
- Rev. Erik Folkerth – Equal Justice
Dallas Morning News Faith Advisory Committee
Faith Leaders from Faith Forward Dallas are invited to be part of the Faith Advisory Committee for The Dallas Morning News.
This committee promises to be an opportunity to discuss some of the most important questions facing our community in a setting designed to inform articles published in the national paper of Texas, The Dallas Morning News. The discussion itself will be off the record, but we hope it will help shape a regular column we will publish weekly in our Sunday Points section.
We will hold meetings monthly at various locations across the area. For our first meeting, the Rev. Chris Girata has graciously agreed to host us, so please join us in extending a hearty thank you to Rev. Girata and St. Michael.
Our overall aim for the column is to discuss issues relating living one’s faith. Each month we will offer a topic to start a discussion. This month, we suggest starting off with the topic of education. What is the role of faith institutions, faith leaders and lay people of faith in improving k-12 education?
The Dallas Morning News Faith Advisory Committee is an initiative to prompt and reflect in the newspaper a full and sophisticated faith discussion on issues in the news and everyday life. Our approach is to gather respected North Texas faith leaders for monthly discussions that may yield ideas for commentary and editorials.
- Rev. George Mason
- Rabbi Andrew Paley
- Rev. Daniel Kanter
- Imam Omar Sulaiman
- Rabbi Nancy Kasten
- Rev. Michael Waters
- Rev. Andy Stoker
- Rev. Neil Cazares-Thomas
- Imam Azhar Subedar
- Rev. Richie Butler
- Rev. Bryan Carter
- Rev. Christopher Girata
- Rev. Matthew Ruffner
- Rev. Rachel Baughman
- Bishop Michael McKee
- Almas Muscatwalla
- Kyle Ogden